is it OK to wear white to a visitation?

I know that there's a superstion behind wearing dark colors..I don't belive in that, But I also don't want to offend anyone. I'm thinking about wearing a white shirt with a white and coral/ pink striped skirt. You think that would be offending? I have no idea??
thanks

bizima4

Asked by bizima4 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We call it a wake. You can wear anything that you would wear to a professional business job. But no Bright pink or red etc. Keep it nice & conservative. Limit the all white. I would wear the top but a black, navy or brown skirt or dress pants with it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm assuming this is a funeral?? I think it would depend on who it is and what the situation is with the death. Plus - do you know the family well? I wouldn't just out of respect. I just always make sure I wear dark colors - not necessarily black.
    kangnroo1205

Answer by kangnroo1205 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• A visitation?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• What is a visitation? I never heard that term.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• A funeral visitation..The family is calling it a visitation. The actual funerals not till tomorrow

bizima4

Comment by bizima4 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was thinking maybe this is a viewing also? I would wear dark colors as well.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• He was my dad's cousin so my 2nd cousin
    bizima4

Comment by bizima4 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• where dark colors if it's a funeral your talking about, if it's not a funeral we have no idea what you're talking abouty
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• For me it would depend on how traditional the family was. Some people I know would be highly offended if anyone came in anything other than long, heavy black. When my FIL died a couple years ago, everyone one wore different shades of purple because it was his favorite color.
    If they aren't very traditional, then I'd say it would be fine.
    Sorry :-(
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• In highschool a friend of mine died from a heart problem at 16. We all wore bright colors paired with black skirts/jackets because she LOVED bright colors and her family seemed to appreciate the sentiment. (to both the visitation/wake and funeral)

Basically I'm trying to say if you think the family would be ok with it then go for it although it seems awfully bright imho. Maybe wear the skirt with a dark top?
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010