I hate asking this but.........

My family is hurting money wise badly right now. My los dad just got his job back and my mom was out of work for about a month, my dad get S.S. I am not able to work yet.

I get wic but they dont give me nearly enough cans of formula for my 2 month old.

My question is, is there any other place that could help me for formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried going to get food stamps?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• DFCS may be able to help but you should get 31 cans of formula a month on WIC... that's what I got fir the first few months and now he is 4 months old and I get like 35.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I wouldnt know because I breastfeed but I bumped your question for you ^_^
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 11:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• concentrate
    Memigen

• local food bank
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• the food bank
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Is there a way you could attempt BF and working your supply back up? I ask for that would save on formula BIG TIME.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Check out these links for more help on feeding amounts to make sure your arent wasting the formula you do have. And you should be getting plenty of formula from wic, if not, give them a call and let them know that your baby is eating more than you had expected. They are usually good about giving you a few extra cans a month.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_sample-baby-schedules-for-1-and-2-month-olds_3657227.bc

http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-tell-how-much-formula-your-baby-needs_9136.bc

good luck!

chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Food Pantries, Similac and Enfamil websites send big coupons and samples.

Personally we always had a ton left over that we gave back to WIC to give to ppl who needed help because my son NEVER finished that monstrous amount of formula. There were also times we gave the formula to the doctor's office because it was a "special" formula for preemies (aka super ass expensive stuff that we could only afford a couple cans of before finding out it didn't work) or that helped with refulx issues and WIC didn't know when they would actually give it out and the doctor's office always seemed to have a use for it.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have tried getting food stamps, Pa wont even let me apply cuz im under 21 and live at home! WIC only gives me 10 cans of powered formula, the first month they gave me 12, he uses 12 cans, he is a big boy!

nikkik526

Answer by nikkik526 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010