invite her or no?

Would you invite your MIL to your babyshower if she didnt talk to you AT ALL.... doesnt look at you when youre around, has told you in the past that she doesnt like you at all but will have to put up with you because you and her son are obviously going to be together for a while, and talks shit about you in spanish when your right in front of her? [ i cant understand spanish so i wouldnt know what shes saying would u invite her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would, if nothing else, to be the bigger person and so that you could say, in all honesty, that you did everything you could to have a positive relationship with her. Your baby could be a way to bridge the gap between you or drive you farther apart. If she isn't invited, then she will very likely keep pulling out the "I try, but she - meaning you - is such a ___ , she even tries to shut me out of my grandchild's life - I didn't even get invited to the shower!' I'm NOT saying she would be FAIR saying that, just that from what you said, I could see it happening. So, invite her and be the bigger person. Besides, who's she gonna trash you to there? I'm assuming the rest of the guests are people that know and love you, so maybe one of them will put her in her place if she starts ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Hell NO, I would not invite her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Um, I wouldn't, LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I wouldnt want to but out of respect for your husband you should invite her its her choice weather she comes or not, you knew your doing the right thing so its off your chest. dont let her ruine your shower either if she does choose to come!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree that you should invite her, now whether or not she comes is on her. It would be pretty shitty if she didn't since the shower really isn't for you, but for her grand baby.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• NOPE! IT'S YOUR DAY TO ENJOY, IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE WOULD RUIN IT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I say be the bigger person and invite her. Be pleasant and just smile as if everything's great. If all goes well, she'll be mad that you don't care and then she'll make a complete ass out of herself. I personally love it when that happens. :-)
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 12:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would invite her and not expect her to show up.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD ME PERSONALLY I WOULDN'T. AND DON'T CARE IF I SOUND LIKE A BITCH R NOT. WILL SHE BE TREATING YOU THE SAME WAY ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY. PLEASE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO SEND HER AN INVITATION BUT ON THE THE INVITE DONT PUT ANYTHING...LOL..JUST JOKING BUT YOU FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULDN'T INVITE HER DON'T MAKE SURE YOU DON'T STRESS OVER THIS MINOR THING.
    SexiSeaBeeWife

Answer by SexiSeaBeeWife at 1:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i agree with the first answer...even if she does show, you still don't have to talk to her. atleast you invited her!! but i Definately would not have her in the delivery room!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2008