wth.. how can this work!

so went to dr and my cervix was 2.8cm so its short and so she wanted me on a bedrest routine but no way with a 20 month old a job all that jazz.. how did any of you women rest with young kids/job/ no real sitter! idk how the heck this can be done, need to work, and im only 24 weeks along.. sigh..

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 11:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you have short term diability through your work? They will pay while you are on bedrest. As for the taking care of the 20 month old...do you have a family memeber that can help you out while your dh is at work?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• *disability..sorry about the misspelling
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i never rested when mine were that small, you must have to try to do the best you can, but don't put your body under too much stress
    c.love49

Answer by c.love49 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i wish i did, all i have is his mom, and shes having a lot of medical issues herself(14th surgery on her arm) I work day shift, hubby works nights :( mine right now is just part/time 35 hrs thankfully i sit all day in a cubicle
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sorry :( I was put on bedrest for 2 wks with my 2nd baby. At that time I had a 13mo old and I was woking full time. So was hubby. As much as I didnt want to I had to let him go stay at my sisters house (30min away) for a few days because she was the only one available to help at that time! I was so sad, but we got thru it! My work did not give any sick pay or anything like that either :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 12:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You are going to have to do the best ya can. I was put on bed rest when I was pregnant with my daughter. My son was 20 months old, so it was hard..and it was a long 3 1/2 weeks lol.. But I did it. I laid on the couch and tried to play with him as best as I could.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was put on progestrone shots to help lengthin my preg. I am 34wks and I had my last shot Tuesday I was on them since I was 24wks my cervix was also shortening 2.6 and I go to get checked on Monday to see the results last time I went my cervix was 3.7 so it was better. I have a 3yr old and 1yr old as soon as I wake up I clean the house, feed the kids and take them a bath I place the 1yr old in her crib and give her toys that I know she will be safe palying with and the 3yr old I put a movie on for her and tell her to play in her room and to play with her sister and not give her anything and I am able to rest for about 2hrs my daughters are very good. when I dont rest during the day I put my daughters to bed by 9:15 and take a shower and I have the rest of the night to rest.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010