Should I waste my Christmas Eve with my mom?

the deal is I get Christmas Eve, his dad gets Christmas. So I want Christmas Eve to be awesome! My mom said this year she's not doing Christmas. And I said OK, then we won't come over and she got mad. Aggh! I want my son to have fun. Last year we baked cookies and watched my favorite movie together. And we did do it with my mom and had fun. But I don't want her to ruin the day with her bad attitude.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 12:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• Have the Christmas that you want to have - and have it at your house. Invite Mom - she can choose to come or not. Either way, you're in charge of the planning, so it'll be what you want it to be!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 12:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Making memories with your kid is more important than making your mom happy.
    I'd say, if she has the bad attitude, I'd stay clear. Holiday or no, I don't like being with people with bad attitudes.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Hun, just go spend it with her and bring your own tree if you must, she will get in the mood once you are there.

Answer by older at 12:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You do what you feel will make you and your family happy. Your mother should be free to join if you feel she will add to the fun. If not just do it alone. Either way the goal should be to make sure your family is happy and no one gets in the way of that.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think you should do what you WANT to do! If you want Christmas Eve to be a holiday celebration then do it however you choose. I don't think you should let others dictate how you choose to spend your day/your special time.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree with the others. Make Christmas special for you and your child. If your mom wants to join in fine. If not fine. It'll still be special.
    sherenan

Answer by sherenan at 8:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Do you know why she doesn't want to do Christmas this year?Maybe you can invite her to go with you to your in-laws on Christmas?Find out what the problem is.If there really isn't one,bring Christmas to her this year.The tree,the food,everything that she usually does.That may be a nice Christmas present to her.I hope that helped.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• If you're having Christmas and she's not..... that's it. you'll see her later. But not in the middle of your family holiday she's not participating in
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 6:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Have a nice Christmas with your family. Tell your Mom she's invited, if she chooses not to come, you'll be sorry and miss her. But Christmas is for kids and she will be missing out on all the fun, but your kids are the cente of your World right now. She had her turn, now it's your.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Plan your own Christmas Eve the way you want to. If she chooses to do something different then so be it. I've had too many holidays filled with bad attitudes (mainly from my MIL) to worry anymore. At this point, I plan what works best for our family (hubby, the girls and myself) and I'm tired of bending over backwards for people who only make the holidays miserable for the rest of us. Good luck with whatever you choose. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010