What to do...

I started working for my DD's step-grandpa (on her dads side) about 10 months ago. This job has not been what I signed up for. In the past 6 months he has made plans to shut down and leave us all out of work twice. He is arrogant, rude and talks down to me. Originally I was supposed to work 40 hours a week, now i'm working 50 and never get to see my DD. The stress is literally making me sick. I'm depressed, and it is taking a toll on my home life. I've been looking for work and there isn't much out there right now, at least not that will pay me enough. I recently lost my car (long story) and now have no transportation. My DD is miserable and seemingly depressed as well, she is in daycare over 50 hours a week. I want to start bringing her to work with me, it is an empty office and most of the time i'm alone here, there are spare offices I could make into a play room (shes 4) how do i ask my jerk-boss if I can do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Can you just tell him that you cannot work more than say 35-40 hrs per week? I would start there. Then, I would certainly keep looking for something.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I work from home and have been doing very well. Check it out here: http://www.pplonlinetools.com/video.php?uid=cmaia8caosqgkeki

This opportunity is not high pressure and there is NO inventory. Either people are interested or not . All I do is share the information and let people make up their own mind.

Near the end of the video there is a price quoted, please note, currently, there is a special going on and the marketing rights are about 1/3 of what is stated.

If you have any questions, just ask!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 12:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Many employer's do not want the legal liability of having on-site child care. I would have a meeting with your boss, and get some structure for your position.

Focus on your jobsearch; there are great tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms Group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010