My son has small red bumps after sleeping, like bite marks but no bugs are found what is it? They are on his neck , back, chest and back of arms. Does anyone have any idea?

Shaws3ps

Asked by Shaws3ps at 12:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• how many bites? bumps? Could be spider bites if its only a couple.. you could also check for lice as when I was little I was allergic to is and got a bad reaction all over. otherwise maybe heat rash? Was it too hot when he was sleeping? Did you change detergent recently?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My DD gets the same thing, her doc said it was dust mites. I started buying the bed bug spray and I use it in her room daily, it has been helping.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 12:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Did he have a virus?? My son gets that when he had or has a virus the Dr. said it's normal for children to react that way. If mot then I don't know but it's always a good idea to call your Dr.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 12:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'd call the doctor about it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Oh yeah.. My son gets body rashed when he gets virus's too.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Wash the sheets & bumper in hot water. Wash his bed down with a cleaner. Vacuum his room thouroughly. It may be from something he picked up outside in the grass. Check for bedbugs, I heard they are brownish red & go under the mattress. He may also have prickly heat bumps from the heat if he sweats while he sleeps. If he has no fever, just clean his things, keep him cool while he sleeps and wait & see.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Could be bed bugs or fleas.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mosquitoes? They're bad by us! I hope you find out what is-it ..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Has he had a cold recently? Could be a virus, allergic reaction to a food, irritation to a soap or laundry soap you are using, it could be heat rash. Is he a baby and you just introduced a new baby-food? If so stop giving it to him until he is older and try re-introducing it when he is a little older. Call your Dr. if you can not figure out what it could be.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 2:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2010