potty training regression

My son whom is 30 months was completely trained for about 6 weeks. Then out of no where he has completely regressed. WE have had no major happenings either. Before the regression he ould tell us he had to go etc. Of course there were accidents here and there but all in all he was pretty trained. Now he won't tell us and if we put him on the potty he pitches a wholly fit. In the same note once we have him on th epotty and he is done he refuses to get off and get dressed.

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OK i have a couple of questions to help you answer this. Does he have a new little brother or sister or has something recently changed (new daycare, someone got a new job, new house, anything new). Some of those things throw kids into regressing. My son was almost potty trained he was doing really good and then i had my daughter and he completely quit I had to start putting him in diapers again because of all the "accidents" that he was having and also he was binky broken and then started freaking out about the binky because she had one. Another thing it could be is if something traumatizing happened to him on the potty, he might just remember and be scared....
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• nothing has changed but..he did have a tummy virus where he had diareeah for 6 days. I do feel like this might have caused the regression because I dont think he felt good and I'm sure it hurt. This said if this, in fact is the reason, how do I get him on the road to recovery?
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My son did this too and I found that I had stopped reminding him as much etc.. because he was trained and doing so well I relaxed a bit. I went back to the beginning and just kept on him about it much like you do when they are starting to train. A week later he was fine again. GL!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010