Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Are there any good grants for mothers?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good grants, besides FAFSA, that can be used to help women trying to go to school. If you know of any information I would appreciate it!

Answer Question

Asked by srobbins at 12:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • The only grant I can think of is the federal grant, I'm curious too though.

    Answer by KrhMsh at 6:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

  • rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

  • You fill out the fasfa in order to qualify for all of the other grants so it's important to fill that out. Then go in and talk to the financial aide department of your college. They will give you information on any scholarships you can apply for as well as the grants they offer. I am pretty sure that the Pell grant is federal. I also get a grant through the state of California (State University Grant). Some junior colleges and community colleges also offer grants through the county the school is in. The financial aide office at the college will have information on all of this for you.

    Answer by mamasitax2 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
What to do...

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
potty training regression