How did you all lose your baby weight?

I want to do it in a healthy but quick way. I'm looking forward to my pre-baby jeans fitting again. Or any pre-baby pants for that matter. Help!

Chloeek86

Asked by Chloeek86 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I cut back on my carbohydrate intake a lot (I love carbs.), became more physically active (dancing, house work, just kept moving), and started eating more vegetables, poultry, and seafood. Plus I watched my portions...for example, I still eat meat, but I eat lean meat, have smaller portions of starch and larger portions of veggies, drink spring water, Prople, Sobe Life Water, and eat healthier snacks during the day. Like fiber crackers and cream cheese, Planters Energy packs, granola bars w/ fiber, celery sticks, baby carrots, yogurt w/ granola, fruit/fruit cups in natural juice, peanut butter on wheat toast, etc. Plus when I cook I add flavor to my dishes by using herbs and spices and less salt. I still use salt, but not a lot of it. Eating healthy does not have to be yucky or dreaded. I hope this helps. I'm 5 foot 6 and now weigh 125 vs. 148.
    libralioness

Answer by libralioness at 12:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• with my first, I did nothing but breastfeed and it went away. Not so lucky after that. I'm still trying to get rid of baby #2 and 3's baby fat. I've recently started doing Taebo, and drinking more water. It seems to be helping.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 12:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• well, I only gained 28 lbs, 25 of which was gone within a week however, I needed to lose 35-40lbs before I got pregnant.. I've lost 20 through diet alone and sitting at an irritiating plato right now but I did it the right way.. eating 4 servings of veggies - non starchy ones a day - 2 servings of fruit - 2 servings of protein and 2 100 calorie low salt/low sugar snacks.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I did not gain more than 25 lbs with either pregnancy, so was basically the same size after delivering. I also swam and played tennis throughout both pregnancies, so I did not really lose tone or flexibility.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have been doing p90x and love it!! Lost 3 pounds the first week and have become more toned. I also stopped drinking my starbucks frappe everyday! Drink lots of water and eat a lot of protein and veggies. Only on week 4 now and have lost about 6 pounds but I feel stronger and more energetic!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I didnt lose the weight until I stopped breast feeding. Go figure, usually it is the other way. I would go for walks with baby and it just melted off. I was skinnier than I was when I got pregnant.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had a lot of trouble with my weight going up and down because I just couldn't seem to stick to an exercise regimen, and eating right was hard. I just had to find a workout that I actually enjoyed doing and that works. For me it was Turbo Jam, and now Turbo Fire. When you find something you have fun doing it's much easier to stick with it. And since I was working so hard it made me want to eat better too :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 8:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• when i finally lost it AND kept it off i did it by counting and tracking calories.
    i used an online calculator to find out my BMR and how many calories i needed to eat to lose weight.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 12:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I just breastfed my baby and lost like 10lbs but I only gain 20lbs in my pregnancy. I'm doing Zumba turn up the beat's and start dancing that's working great for me almost there... Good Luck girlie....
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 11:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I never lost it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2010