should I get a car

just a cheap one, I'm talking a 90-130 dollar payment a month.
WHY? Me and my SO currently share one but we often clash with car use
I am starting a business so making drives to point A to Point B are very important and as of now with sharing a car it is hard to do so.
I am starting this business as a way to help pay for college and hopefully bring in some EXTRA income, so we are budgeting a lot right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hubby and I shared a car for years. It eventually became necessary for us to add a second when his commute took him an hour from our home. It seems in your case it has also become necessary. Just remember if you finance a car you need full coverage insurance which will add more to your monthly bills as well. Our rates went up by $40 when we financed the new car plus the car payment. Figure out what's in your budget and do it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree with Orionsgirl...
    You need to look at car payments, gas prices, insurance, & find out if it works with your budget.
    Good luck!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 12:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If i was you i would stick it out and save up for a cheap used one.... if you go that route, then you'll have much cheaper insurance as well. You can usually find good used ones from highschool students moving on to college.. we almost got a car that the parents had fixed up completely and the kid was gonna sell it for $800...the insurance would've cost $20/month too. So much better than having a car payment.
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 1:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010