appendicitis?

My husband woke up this morning with bad pain in his right abdomen. From the little bit that I know and the little bit of research I have done it comes across as appendicitis. He has a really high pain thresh hold, and is in moderate pain from it. He said it feels like alot of pressure especially when he presses on it. I am trying to get him to go to the ER but hes resistant because we don't have insurance. Any thing I can do here to convince him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• They have to treat him, and you can make payments... If it gets worse it will burst and make him even more sick, possibly fatal, and then you will have more to worry about. Tell him the longer he waits the more expensive and painful it will be... Hope he's better soon!

BTW, I had it and it was extremely painful, mine was close to bursting, so this is coming from experience...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would tell him he needs to get there right away. If it is appendicitis, and it ruptures it can be fatal. Most hospitals will work with you if you have no insurance and they can't turn anyone away just because you don't have insurance or money.. I wish you luck and hope he stops being stubborn and goes.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 12:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Make him go.He has to. Insurance or no...he can worry about it later. If his appendix bursts, gangrene will set in and thats not good. I had my appendix out. I was stubborn and wouldnt go to the hospital either. But it got to a point where I was so sick, I had no choice. They had to do immediate surgery because only a short while after I got to the hospital mine burst.
    It usually starts with a really bad pain in the center of your stomach.Then vomiting. Eventually the pain goes to the right side of your abdomen and thats where it stays and it hurts like hell.Even going over a bump in the car will put tears in your eyes.
    Good Luck...make him go!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had to have an emergency appendectomy a few years ago. All in 1 day I just started developing a horrible pain in my side and it got so bad at night to the point where I was crying in pain. I started throwing up too which is another sign. He needs to get it checked out because if it bursts, you can die.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• besides pain, vomit, and fever is another sign.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It could be a kidney stone, but he would have pain in his back and when urinating. I agree with pp's, take him to the hospital. I know with appendicitis, it does not get better, meaning the pain is constant and gets worse. Hospitals have payment plans, even if it's $20 a month. I just thought of something else, a perforated ulcer, that's very dangerous. Get him to the ER **STAT**. Good Luck!!
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• As one that hasn't had insurance in a long time! Even when DH had it the deductible was out of reach! I understand! DH had a tree fall on him and wouldn't go in. Its Sad. I do understand! But he has to go in! He has to! If it gets worse it will cost more! Try to get him in. How I know.. If I had insurance I would have went in sooner for my Breast cancer I'm battling! Some hospitals have hill burton policies. Community Care and ways to have it reduced or covered. Please get him to go in! Best of Luck there!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010