Would you stop using your cell phone to save honey bees?

Check out this link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/7778401/Mobile-phones-responsible-for-disappearance-of-honey-bee.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 12:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "Studies" like this one are pervasive on a lot of topics. Maybe cell phones have an impact on the bees, maybe not. I'd have to see other studies done in other countries with independent researchers, under very controlled circumstances before I made that decision.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Due to the possibility of Conflicting data... No. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• IF the data provided a clear connection, yes I'd stop using the cell.

No one can deny the contribution the bees make-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Jesse.. yah yah.. I know.. & I don't care. Would you like me to lie just so I can kiss your ass..?

Thanks for the offer, but I will choose to decline.

No one asked you to lie. The post said there is plenty of food without bees. No, not really. Even the meat we eat depends on the bees to pollunate the corn, wheat, and oats the animals eat. They are an essential part of the food chain. I just don't believe the data or the study. No one wants you to do or not do anything. Use your phone/don't use your phone. I could give a squat.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well sure! We need the bees for pollination--for crops and trees,etc. I rarely use my cell phone anyway. It is a cheap TracFone that I rarely even turn on. I keep it for emergencies. So, I guess I am helping BEES!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nope. They can just move the bees out into the wilderness where there's no cellphone reception. ;)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• wow... you won't care for bees, till they're gone, and you can't eat food any more.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't think that people realize the impact bees have in nature. I'd save the bees if it were one or the other.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I feel pretty passionately about this, because we have a local grower whose had some problems with his well established hives. It's really heart breaking.. We need to get to the bottom of why they. Are dying off and fix it. I don't believe it can be contributed solely to cell usage at all.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I rarely us my cell phone sure why not...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010