Please read! (dialation question)..

Im 39 weeks pregnant and 1 1/2 cm dialated and 30% effaced! I know everyone is different and it can take a while to dialate but I just wanted to compare some answers. So my question is.. Do you know how long it took you to get to 5 cm from 1 or 1 1/2 cm dialated? or how long it took to get to 100% effaced? Oh and will walking alot help me to dialate more?
thanks! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• took me about 3 months with my last one. special case though due to preterm labor.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• 2 or 3 weeks, and yes, walking can help.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have no idea for me... but walking definitely helps... especially walking up hill or up and down stairs.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes, walking can speed the process- especially once labor has begun.

I refused unnecessary internal exams (checking those things is completely unnecessary unless there is a true concern) to avoid getting bacterial infections... so, I don't really know.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I never dilated before labor with any of my 4. 2 of labors were about 3 1/2 hrs long so I would say really quickly lol!! the other 2 probably took a few hrs :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I began dilating and effacing at about 7 months. Started off 1 cm, two weeks later 1 1/2, two weeks after that 2 cm, and then it stayed 2cm. In a week's time I went from that 2cm to 4cm and about 50% effaced when I went in to be induced. I did a lot of walking and did my best to have sex everyday my DH was on R&R before we had DS...I had a hard time with the sex thing kuzz it'd give me really painful contractions almost every time. Good luck and congrats on your baby!
    Mrs.Pedro

Answer by Mrs.Pedro at 1:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was 3 cms dilated with my daughter for 3 weeks.. Didn't dilate any further until I went into labor at 40 weeks, 3 days. Walking and sex are the two best things to try to jump start labor. You want to get contractions started, contractions stimulate dilation.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• For me It only took a couple days
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was dilated 1/2 cm for 1 week - then I came back for a check and I was 1cm(thursday) - I went in on monday 9 morning and was 3cm -Then the Dr admitted me to the hospital -by about 5pm I was 5cm -he broke my water -Then I dont know what happened......I was dilating lil over 1cm and hr and 5 pushes later BOOOOM here comes my large son

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Walking DOES help! I was 41 weeks with my daughter when I had her, and I was at 1 1/2 cm for almost 2 weeks. But a sunday night I walked around our complex almost 12 time and then at 2 am my water broke, so I say walk girl!! Good Luck :)
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010