Do you think its important for children to have both a mom and a dad?

Do you think two moms replace a missing dad? or two dads replace a missing mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think all that matters is that they have a parent that loves them and takes care of them, etc etc. Whether it be one or two. A mom and a dad, or two moms or two dads. Doesn't matter.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think if the situation is right.. the parents should stay together..if they are happy.. If they aren't happy, then I don't think they should stay together just for the children.. No one will replace their real mother or father.. the sex of the other person has nothing to do with it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I second what thatgirl70 said.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think children need people who love them. A mom and dad, two moms, two dads, grandparents, uncles, aunts, family friends, as long as they are being loved, that is what matters.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• The only thing that is important is that a child receives love and guidance and support, regardless who gives it to them, a lot of kids are better off with one stable parent instead of a turbulent relationship.

Answer by older at 1:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think the makeup of the parents does not matter if you have two parents that love you and provide a home who cares what sex they are. In a world where some children end up with asses and abusers having a parent or two parents no matter what the f their sex is, is awesome. Even if they are two guys or girls one mom or dad as long as the love and guidance is there.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Generally speaking, yes I think its important for a child to have 1 of each. I'm not against gay couples having children though. But there are certain things a woman provides as far as attention, love, teaching, etc. goes, and the same for a man. Children need attention from both sexes to help them become well-rounded adults. Now if a lesbian couple has a child, that's fine as long as a grandpa or an uncle or someone serves as a male role in that child's life. Even sometimes in single parent or divorce situations, you will see a child acting out for the attention of a man or woman who isn't in the picture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think its crucial for a child to have a mom and a dad. Children learn gentleness and nurture mostly from mom and discipline among others from dad. A mother's love and a father's love are differently expressed and i think children experience both.
    Two "moms" will never replace a father, and two "dads" will never replace a mother.
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 1:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think it's important, but I don't think it's vital in order for a child to have a good like. I say that because my husband's dad died when he was only 4, but somehow my MIL gave him a great life and my husband is a great father and man.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nope. I think it's more important that the child is loved and cared for by whichever parent they have or by whichever combination of parents they have - Gender has nothing to do with love... I would prefer to see a child with two loving fathers or two loving mothers or even with a single parent who loves and cares for them than to see a child who has a mom & dad and feels neglected or abused every time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010