Gettign Back Nap Time?

JD has loved naptime. Always sleeping from like 12-2pm. In the past 4 days...nothing. NO nap! Sits and cries for 45 minutes until I give up and take him out. Too hot to be crying that long, and the neighbors complain. He ate lunch today, sat on couch half asleep, rubbing eyes crying quietly. I even brought him to lay down on my bed with me to cuddle for nap time. He yelled at me and ran away. Daddy put him in his crib and he is now crying. Its very sad. Do nap times ever come back??? Do you have a suggestions?? I am going crazy! LOL

jellis

Asked by jellis at 1:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is he? My son has gone through bouts without naps but I never gave up trying and eventually he went back. Coukd he be teething? The heat? Has something in his schedule changed? Keep up the routine and trying.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Oh duh!!! HE is 19 months old. HE has only one tooth coming in left but he has tylenol and oragel on board, and yes its hot, but we have Ac and fans going everywhere in house. Schedule hasn't changed.
    jellis

Comment by jellis (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• He's testing his bounderies right now and his body. He's seeing if it's worth skipping a nap and what will happen if he does skip a nap. It's normal and some kids do eventually go back to nap time, whereas others give it up for good. It depends on the child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I thinks its his way of showing or feeling little independance.. you know where he gets to make the choice.. my son recently at 2-1/2 stopped napping also.. we still have quiet time like a movie or reading books while laying on his bed.. oh how I miss the naps..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Try putting him down a little later. My DS napped at that time & then refused. We rearranged our routine and now he goes down at 1:30-2:00 after his lunch. try that. My DS is 3 1/2 & still naps 2 hours every day. Good luck, I know. I look forward to nap time for "me" time :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yea...my son refuses to nap when he teeths even with drugs but it's prob a stage...my son for 15 nights straight screamed bloody murder for no reason for 2 hours and then finally on the 16th day stopped and went to bed normally. They are trying to break you. Stick to your guns. Just when you have had it they will stop.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010