Do you have those roads in your area that don't permit left turns during certain hours...

yet people STILL turn left during those hours?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep, in downtown Cleveland.

I love the mornings when I drop off my kids at school and the sign at the light says

Turn Right on Red

EXCEPT School Days

7:30am to 4:00pm

So I sit there at the red light with my blinker on and wait, mean while I have crazy flippin moms on their cellphones behind me beeping and flipping me off..... NICE.... its a daily thing. One day, ohhhh one day... I will get out of my car and give them a lesson in traffic law....left eye twitching...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• no but where i live im pretty sure they wouldnt care anyway bc we are such a small town..but i have seen a place like that at the beach during club hours...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• hahaha, yessss ! I have to admit, I've never heard of this before...and when I moved to the city 4 years ago, omg, I was so confused, all these people turning when it said no turn ! then I noticed all these times posted....and "on odd or even days" or "from the first to the 16th of each month" omg, how is anybody supposed to read all those parameters? lol anyway, now that i know the city i'm good with them, and find it so annoying when someone else goes against the signs....but man, were they troublesome for a while for this ol' country girl ! (not hard to figure out now I suppose, pretty straight forward)
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes I do. There's a big do not enter sign with the hrs marked but people still do it.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 1:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've never heard of not allowing left turns through certain hours... What would be the point of that? Is it a regional thing?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes. It's to deter people from driving through neighborhoods during rush hour to avoid traffic. It doesn't work lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sabrina... it is because the road is so busy during certain hours that turning left causes a cross over two lanes when there is no turning lane. Therefore it creates hazardous driving, wrecks at times, etc. The roads around here say "No left turns during the hours of 7 am - 7 pm" because that is the main road.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010