Pressure hurts why?

This might sound silly, and I don't mean hard of course, but with my son I could lean gently against something or hold things and if they're slightly on my belly it didn't bother me or anything. With this one the further I get the worse it gets... I think I'm finally going to ask my doc about it at next appt. But why would it hurt to put any pressure what so ever on my belly? I can set my cell phone on my belly, hehe, but it's small. I don't think it's suppose to hurt to put any pressure against it, but maybe it's normal... anyone know?

BAR427

Asked by BAR427 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be a bad build up of gas? Or it could be your gallbladder acting up? Yeah, I think youre right..you should ask the doc at your next appt...unless it gets worse, I would call.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Pretty normal I think. It could be the way the baby is laying inside of you. The pressure on your belly, puts pressure on baby, so he pushes harder on whatever he is laying on! I don't remember if it was constant (don't think so), but my belly hurt sometimes when I put pressure on it.

Congratulations on your new little one!!!! :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well I know she pushes back sometimes when pressure is put on my belly, but this is constant. It always hurts to put pressure on it. Sometimes even when someone simply puts their hand against my belly to try to feel her kick. Idk, makes no sense to me.. but it could be normal... I suppose I'll find out at doc appt. I hope.
    BAR427

Comment by BAR427 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010