Contractions?

What do they feel like? I don't remember, haha. I was induced with my first and they gave me medicine to basically knock me out so my body would rest before I actually delivered and then I got the epidural at the end... sooo I kind of remember, but I don't. Everyone says false contractions (Braxton hicks) don't usually hurt, but is it the stomach tightening up really tight? I'm worried I suppose too of not knowing that I'm in labor when that time comes because my mom didn't know she was having contractions with my sister until her doc appt to be induced and they told her she was in labor and then one of my friends, pretty much the same thing happened. But I know if I am having contractions they are false ones. But just curious if anyone could explain what they feel like??? :/

BAR427

Asked by BAR427 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• honey, u'll know when its the real thing. u ever have a really bad leg cramp, it starts out weaker than that, but in ur stomach and back, some people just stomach, some people in their side too. i heard it depends on if its a boy or girl. anyways, then its wayyy mmore intnse, u wont be able to speak. dont wanna freak u out, but wait til it gets really intense til u cant speak to through one, then go to the hospital. u dont wanna go for nothing.take a warm shower it'll ease the pain.gl!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mine hurt so bad, I couldn't sleep, though I was exhausted! Trying sleeping or resting and if they hurt so bad that they will neither let you sleep nor will they let up, then you might want to call your doctor. And remember, they will get worse and won't get better. It hurt the most in my menstral area and tighten a lot more than just the Braxton Hicks contractions. Also, they come at a consistent rate and don't change that rate.
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010