im gaining weight.. but not my baby .. :(

im 35 weeks pregnant .. and in my entire pregnancy i have gained 44 pounds ! i'm eating healthy (with desserts once in a while, i mean come on .. how can u stay away from sweets during pregnancy ??!!!). i had my ultrasound yesterday and found out that my baby is weighing only 4lbs 7oz ! my next appointment with my doctor is next week but im panicing now. what can i do so my baby gains weight too?? im due in 3-4 weeks.. do i have enough time for him to put on some weight?? im already eating healhty and taking my supplements religiously. please help me !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ok, according to the average for 35 weeks, you are only a week behind. Meaning, you may have a 6.8 lb baby instead of a 7.8lb one. Which is perfectly fine. Or it means they are off by a week in DD and you may go to 41 or 42 weeks instead of 40. So, you are perfectly fine, no need to worry.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Its a half a pound a week, not a pound :) So as of now your little munchkin would be upper 6lb, which is totally fine :) The ultrasounds can be way off as well. They told me my son was 10lb 3oz and he was 8lb 8oz at birth at 39 weeks. So they could just be measuring her small. I wouldnt worry.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• They are supposed to gain a pound a week in the end. So, at that rate, you will have a 9 pounder at least. Not to mention U/S can be way off.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thats a good weight for how far along you are.. don't worry honey...babies so grow fast and alot that last month!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think baby will be fine! Try not to worry. =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Did you check into it? Is that an abnormal weight for baby? I know the last few weeks baby gains about a pound a week. My kid came at 40 1/2 weeks and she was 7lb 6 oz. She weighed about 6 lb 8oz at 39 weeks. So you never know. I packed on 25 lb, plus the 7 I lost from morning sickness, a total of 32 lb. But my belly was only about 19 cm during the last month. I was sent for an ultrasound every two weeks just because I was hiding the weight lol.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 2:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am 34wks I have gained 35lbs and my dr. was a little woried about the baby's weight but not really since my first 2 baby's were small
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010