Do you think this would be successful?

A website for single moms who couldn't afford a sitter got donations to pay for childcare.

I got the idea from a site I had seen awhile back. A woman was about 30 grand in debt and got it paid off by people sending money through paypal because of the site she had started.

I work 12-30 hours a week plus go to school 30 hours a week. My mom is currently unemployed so for the most part she watches my kid, but she is starting school to keep the checks coming a little longer. So if I have to work a Tue or Thurs I have to pay for a sitter. I don't make much and the thought of not having any money left over for necessities if I need a sitter got me thinking about this.

Would you donate to a site like this? Do you think it could help a lot of women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Can't hurt to try =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry but I only donate to actual charities. There are too many scam artists out there. Anyone can set up a site with a fictional sob story and just pocket the money (not saying yours is at all, I understand your situation) . There's no way to trace where your donation goes, kwim? Most everyone I know will not donate unless it's a non-profit charity.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Can you get a child care grant from your state to cover daycare?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You never know. But if it were tax deductable it may have a better chance at being successful. People like to give to real charities.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010