Is it possible to miss your period and still ovulate?

I have not had my period since June, so the first day of my last period was almost 51 days ago. I am extremely irregular..always have been. But i always seem to get my period on a monthly basis. My cycle ususally runs about 30-35 days, give or take a few. My hubby and I just started trying to concieve in July. All preg. tests say neg. But still no period has arrived. I show no signs of my period or pregnancy. I'm at the point where I'm wishing that if I am not preg, which I do not think that I am..that my cycle would just begin so that the hubby and I can try again this month. I spoke to my OBGYN, and she said that if I do not get my period this month, that will be 2 missed periods, and that is when they usually start to see you, so I will just set up an appt. w/her. I'm just frustrated with my body. If anyone has any info. that could help me out, I would really appreciate your help!!

Courtbp

Asked by Courtbp at 1:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You ovulate before your period...so if you have not started your period, you either are pregnant or did not ovulate.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes you most def can. I've always been irregular as well and sometimes don't get periods for months. My husband and i started trying in July of 2009. Well the last period I had was in February 2010. I found out we goy pregnant towards the end of March. So i had no period in march and obviously still ovulated that I got pregnant. Gl.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 3:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thank you so much Bam!! you've been so helpful!!
    Courtbp

Comment by Courtbp (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010