I used to think I was over reacting... adult content

My husband and I have been having a rocky relationship lately , for a few months now. we can't have a conversation without fighting. we hardly ever do. communication has gone way down. but the sex was the only thing that was great n seemed to relieve everything when we were pissed. anyway, due to a pregnancy complication, i'm on pelvic rest meaning no sex, we havent done it in like 2 weeks.we are like unable to stand eachother. its like we have nothing now. i dont know what to do. i didnt think our relationship was that bad, now it just opened my eyes, i'm shocked.i dont know what i'm gonna do, i'm almost down with my pregnancy and i'm gonna have like another month or more of no sex and i cant even speak to him. its crazy, way too much yelling. ADVICE????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Make a list of the things you argue about. Throw out all the unimportant things and stop allowing fights about them. All the things that are important set a time when you are both happy and talk about them. Find a compromise that you both can live with. Marriage is work. If you have a plan it works out better. I am happy but I still have to work at it. I was telling my husband the other day about something he does that annoys me. He got real quiet and wouldn't talk. I hate when he does that. I was just sitting by him staring at him trying to figure out what to say to make him see my point. Then it occured to me how he felt. So I told him "thank you for being a good husband and nothing else matters" he immediately hugged me and told me he cared. It is amazing what a little appreciation will get you. If all else fails there is always oral sex!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i kinda went through the same thing...but the bad part was that i wasnt on pelvic rest and still didnt have sex! .. anyway everything was really bad between us until the baby was born.. she was like our little miracle to fix our relationship..... i would just say give it some time, and avoid stupid fights...
    SQ13

Answer by SQ13 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• This is a common issue among a lot of women who get married just for sex. But being married to a good sex partner and to one that is just as stimulating out of the bedroom is what makes things last. Even during a draught such as yours. You better find a way to clear out those jets or things are going to get louder. Seriously, when is the last time you cooked him a hot dinner?...
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had a similar situation and ended up just leaving, there was more to my situation than that. But we had a repeated cycle of fighting, lack of communication, sex, everything is better for a couple weeks, then it all starts over. It's really hard to get through it, in fact we were seperated for 8 months, I moved home against my better judgement and the cycle started over. Even though I was getting couseling and we were going to couples counseling - it was not any better because he wasn't putting in the effort. It takes both of you to fix the relationship, and you'll need to stop relying on sex to fix it. Sounds like you have the same cycle I did, and as you get older sex may not be an option any more and then you loose your resolution tool. I'd suggest start talking, setting appropriate boundaries, ask for what you want, and have him do the same in return, you have to start talking and asking and executing. .
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i daily cook him a hot dinner thank you very much. i dont think bashing is necessary!he just doesnt feel for what i'm going through and always puts his needs and wants in front of mine. which isnt fair.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010