How old was ur baby when u took them on vacation?

LO's dad and I would like to go to Wildwood, NJ, for the weekend sometime. We would like to go this summer if possible. LO is 2 months old, would be close to 3 months when we go. I dont like id be able to leave him with anyone. It would hurt too much, plus i dont have anyone that would really watch him for that long. We brefly talked about it lastnight and I told him we'd have to bring another person with us that could watch LO when we wanted to go on any rides cuz i know LO cant go on rides.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He was 11 months and 1 week :) We went to vegas to get married :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• mine was 3 months
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• 3 months. Went to Florida. He got to swim in the Gulf. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• When u took them at 3 months how did it go? What were some things u needed to do to prepare for it? Did u end up takening enough stuff to get through the trip or needed to buy more? If u took enough stuff how much diapers and formula and whipes did u take?
    nikkik526

Comment by nikkik526 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• She was just over a year old....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We brought our kids that age. Don't worry, there are stores there. Just bring some diapers, wipes, stroller or sling and clothes. Our babies slept with us on vacation. Obviously you'll need an umbrella at the beach. It's easier now than when they can run all over. Relax and have fun!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• we took a weekend trip at 2 months it was nice and relaxing and we were only 3 hours from hm! i packed everything. swing, bouncy seat, u would of thought we were leaving for a month lol! its easier to buy things once u get there that way u dont pack as much! take whatever u think u might need! our car was packed full and we didnt use half of it but i would rather have it andnot use it then need it and not have it! relax and have fun!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• @ 2mo-- We had to go to an out of state funeral & was gone for almost a week.
    @ 6mo-- DH had to work out of town for the weekend & we went along. Me & DD stayed in the hotel while DH worked --I about went insane! lol
    @9mo-- we went on a family vacation & stayed at my sisters house for a week.. it was a vacation, but we where at someones house & she didnt go anywhere really..

Personally I couldnt bring a child to a Theme Park until atleaste 1yr or older... I seen Newborns @ Six Flags this last time we went & I felt sorry for the poor thing.. I know they can handle it & are probably just fine.. lol.. but i still feel for them!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• She was 20months old. She had a hard time flying.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We took our daughter to Cedarpoint with the family (in-laws and all) at 3 months. (She was in the shade of her baby stroller the whole time and it was a really cool day) She did perfectly.. I think it just depends on the temperament of your child. Allison slept a lot and when we came home her cycle was a bit mixed up, but otherwise we are happy we did it.
    beckythenewmom

Answer by beckythenewmom at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010