What's the hardest thing...

you've had to do while raising a baby?

EveMomToThree

Asked by EveMomToThree at 2:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my daughter was born she was allergic to just about every form of dairy out there. When she was able to walk she would open the frig. and try to take cheese out. Well I couldn't allow her to do that because of her allergy to it and she screamed at the top of her lungs. And I still couldn't give it to her. So, The pediatrician said maybe she would outgrow her allergies, but that didn't happen. So, over the course of her young life, and by building up a tolerance in body to dairy like milk, cheese,yogurt, etc. she can eat more of it than she ever was able to. She can't go "hog wild" but she can eat it. I didn't want her to not be able to get the calcium she needed and that was a big concern of mine.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Just in the baby phase? Handle people telling me to do things that aren good for babies. You'd think I was committing a crime for *gasp* nit giving her formula, juice, or ice cream. My solution, move to another state :p
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Trying to figure out when I first started breast feeding which "expert" really knew what they were talking about. I had 4 different lactation consultants telling me different things which lead me to SO much anxiety. I finally realized that their knowledge is helpful but not necessarily applicable to everyone.
    beckythenewmom

Answer by beckythenewmom at 6:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm with jus1jess. I went threw so much stress when my DD was first born until she was about 4 months with her fathers side of the family telling me I was doing things wrong, trying to go against my wishes on how I wanted to raise her. I went threw having her ripped out of my arms while I was trying to comfort her, to being bashed for breastfeeding & them trying to give her formula, them trying to give her juice & water at a ridiculously young age, to being told not to bathe her when she obviously needed one then getting yelled at for giving her one anyways. I went threw so much more but it makes me angry just thinking about it. My solution: telling them off, moving out of their home & cutting off communication=]

I absolutely love everything else about raising her.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010