What's the hardest thing...

You've come across with a child in school?

EveMomToThree

Asked by EveMomToThree at 2:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, this is only day 3 of school, first day getting on the bus in the morning. So, the hardest thing so far is not running after the school bus screaming "give me back my kid, I've changed my mind" as it pulled away!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I homeschool and haven't really experienced anything too hard but we just started Monday so... we'll see. Hopefully nothing too challenging.
    ziff130

Answer by ziff130 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Bullies. My daughter has had one in each year of school so far. I have had to talk to the teachers about it each time to make sure she is putting an end to it. I was shocked because she's only 7 and this was kindergarten and first grade. In kindergarten it started on the very first day of school and the bully was a girl, but this particular girl wasn't selective about who she picked on she was mean to everyone. In first grade it was a boy and he was physical. He would trip her or push her down when the teacher wasn't looking and he would whisper to her that he was going to kill her.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Knowing that your child has learning disabilities is completely heartbreaking. You want them to succeed so badly, and they will, it will just take some extra time. Sometimes though, it's hard to wait.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 2:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• not doing what ever i can to get there homework done. i had to learn to just step back unless they ask for help. in the beinging i made such a big deal about the homework being done "right" that it lasted over an hour to get one sheet done.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 8:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Dealing with teachers that are just not good teachers. We have had some really good teachers, but also some really bad ones. I am very involved and communicate a lot, but there were two teachers, one specifically that were not cool. Third grade was really bad.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my dd has speech problems and getting her help has been difficult, i've felt from the beginning that it was more hearing problems then speech problems but every year i've been told that she has fine hearing. she does see the speech therapist once a week and i noticed a BIG improvement the last few months of her kindergarten year so i'm just hoping it continues and improves now that she goes to 1st grade :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• The hardest thing I really have to say & it's not my child since I work for the school is when they tell you that didn't get to eat supper because thier room wasn't clean or that they got hit a lot last night or something along those lines.
    The other hardest thing I have had to do with a child at school is not feed them because their parents were behind on their lunch account with repeated efforts on our part to get them to pay. Sad thing is it hurt me horribly bad to not feed those kids seeing how my job is food service. Yes they won't starve but it was still hard.It still makes me cry to this day.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Dealing with administration who see all kids as cut from the same mold. Wanting to cry when they insist your child is a certain way when you know in your mother's heart they are going about it all wrong, but they are "the professionals" I home school now.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• dealing with putting down children who lives in a certain areas.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2010