Any other kids not really like shopping, even for themselves?

Unless it is for video games, my son is not into shopping. We have finished our school shopping but he just doesn't care. I ask him if he wants certain things and he is like " Moooooom, I already have shoes and pants and socks, I don't need anything right now!" I am wondering if it is just a matter of time before he wants to shop for clothes and shoes, or if he will always be like this. Not that I mind, because I am not a big fan of shopping. lol

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 2:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in

• My son is 19 and has never liked shopping. If I can get him in a store, he puts me on a timer for 30 minutes or less even if that means he gets nothing! On the upside, he has always been less expensive than my daughter - LOL
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 2:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• dh and I are a horrible pair b/c we both HATE shopping. We have never enjoyed it. It's probably just part of his personality.
    ziff130

Answer by ziff130 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My son is 23 years old and has never liked it, not even as a child, he now goes shopping via internet.

Answer by older at 2:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No one in my family enjoys shopping. When I married my husband he said he was excited because now he's never have to go shopping again. What he failed to realize is I don't enjoy it either. Shopping is a chore to me, and my kids enjoy it about as much as I do.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think its a gender thing. My dd loves to shop. More so for herself. But she will go into a store and just be in awe of everything and take forever to decid what to get. My boys hate shopping. They would rather be home watching their dad play video games then at Walmart getting new clothes.
    Jamie1972

Answer by Jamie1972 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My son is 15 and for the first time in his life he is interested in what he wears. Before this, I would just bring things home and put them in the drawer.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My kids are seasoned shoppers! They've been out with me shopping since they were tiny babies, and have just learned to like it I guess, even my 5 year old ds, he will pick things out for his sister, saying "This is pretty, we should get it" lol its funny. DD likes it too, I lucked out as I love shopping, mostly for kid stuff though :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We have six kids and none of them enjoy shopping....
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 4:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010