BRUISE???

Well since me and sons dad are no longer together he takes him every other weekend..well this time my son came home with a purple eye he said he hit himself when he was climbing the chair i dont know about this i took a picture just in case you know..should i believe him..I dont know and like when i go out in public people look at my son and i get the impression that they think i beat my son which i will never do has someone had this before or something close to it?

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• good thing on taking the pic just reassure your son nothing will happen if he tells u the truth
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Kids get bruises from time to time...My little man has one on his forehead right now from falling into his wooden toy box. But if you think he is abusing your son for reasons other than the one bruise or if he comes back with bruises on several different occaisions I would definitly look into it a little deeper.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• How old is he?
    My kid is always covered in bruises. She's just fearless and clumsy, two very bad combinations at times!
    Don't worry what people think while you're out. They are just nosy strangers whose opinions don't mean anything.
    Is your kid the kind to hurt himself? Or to lie and say he did? If he's a typical kid, then he's going to get bruises.
    Don't let the possible anger at your ex make you do something that could cause problems if you're not really sure anything bad happened.
    My mom tried the same thing, saw a bruise on me and called cops on dad saying he beat us. He didn't. She was just pissed he wouldn't take her back. Caused a lot of problems. I'm not saying you are like this, just saying think twice.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Why would you think otherwise?

Was your man abusive? Does your son lie to you? I mean you have to put the whole puzzle together, we can't do that for you. What I think we can all say is good for taking a photo, did you ask your husband what happen?

good luck!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Has his father been abusive in the past? Does he have anger issues, a hard time controlling his temper, had he ever lashed out at your son before with your knowledge? If yes, then its possible your son is covering for him. If not, then..your son is probably tellng the truth.
    Its a good thing you took a picture of it, just in case there are future incidences.Have you asked dad about it? I would.
    My son came home from his dads one weekend with a black eye. They were wrestling and my son got elbowed,causing the black eye.
    Don't worry about other people looking..you've done nothing wrong.If you find a rude people staring, ask"can i help you with something?".
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My DD is not only clumsy, but careless (she's 9)... last week she was walking around with her eyes closed (don't ask me why, it drives me NUTS!!!) and walked into a door- she gave herself a black eye.

Unless he has given you a reason to worry about abuse, then I would believe your son. Kids do stupid, clumsy things, it's part of being a child.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Kids get bruises all the time and unless you have reason to think otherwise about the incident I wouldnt worry about it at all. Hugs momma.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• accidents happen. my nephew is the most accident prone kid there is and he has had 4 stitches in 5 years. one year he had stitches on his forehead, then we went to the park and I was pushing his brother on the swing and his brother fell out and cut his lip. we went into the store and the clerk looked at my sister like she was a monster. Accidents Happen!
    Unless there is a history of abuse, or you think there could be more other than a bruise I would just keep the picture, and keep an eye on it. But seriously, do you really think anything happened?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• UPDATE
    SORRY FOR NOT WRITTING EVERYTHING MY SON IS 2 WELL WILL BE 2 AND MY SONS DAD WAS THE TYPE WHEN HE WOULD GET MAD HE WOULD LASH OUT AND TAKE IT OUT ON ANYBODY HE THREW ME ONCE AND ALMOST HIT THE WALL THE ABUSE WAS MORE VERBALLY YOU KNOW..UUUMM ME AND HIM ARE NOT TOGETHER AND I DONT HAVE ANY TYPE OF ANGER TOWARDS HIM ANYMORE I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE MY SON IS AND WILL BE SAFE
    noahsmommy-010

Comment by noahsmommy-010 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010