As a child was your house clean or messy?

When you were younger how did your parents keep your house? Did you learn from it?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Immaculate.

I learned some skills but i have a different lifestyle than my parents did when i was young.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Constantly being decorated....so probably messy!
    NatalievdV

Answer by NatalievdV at 2:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My house was kept so spotless, you could eat off the floor and windowsills behind the dang couch. My house is actually pretty messy and gross. No, I did not learn from it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It was clean, but something was always being remodeled...
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• VERY clean. It was spotless. The bathrooms always smelled like cleaner and the carpet always smelled vacuumed. everything was put back the way it was at the end of the day. I kinda learned from it. I'm not a perfectionist but I try to make the house look presentable if we are expecting company and I try to get the main chores done at the end of each day. I'm sure if SO helped out more it would look even nicer.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Our house was usually clean for the most part, except for me and my brother's rooms. I would say I learned from it and that my house is somewhat clean but I am a full-time working mom where my mom didn't work.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Growing up, my mom spent all her time cleaning. Everything had to be perfect. It drove everyone else nuts! Everything looked more "showroom" and less "lived in".
    I didn't learn from it. My home is obviously lived in by a kid, two adults and two dogs. :-) There's no trash or poop on the floor, but I wouldn't recommend eating off of it!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• MESSY! My house is kind of messy, but not like I grew up in.... mine mostly has to do with lack of space and storage. And actually, growing up that was a lot of the problem too. The house was dirty... we just had a lot of junk without a place to put it. When we moved when I was a teen our house was pretty clean because we had a place to put out stuff.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Always neat and clean, and we had to help keep it that way. I am an organized neat freak.... my sister is a slob whose habits show signs of hoarding to the point where if I am at her house for more than 20 minutes I have the tendency to clean...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my mom was a SAHM and she kept a very clean house. As for my own house I try to keep it clean but working full time and living with 1 hubs, 3 kids, 2 cats and 1 frog in less than 650 sq ft it is hard to keep it clean. Any little thing out of place makes the whole house look trashed!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010