Two roads diverged in a wood

Ok, so, I have my degree. I haven't been able to find work within my field, so recently I have been studying to be a medical coder. I've managed to make it through all the classes and get my certification. Now, I'm job hunting. However, I recently got a job lead in my degree field. It's a huge international company that could be kind of a gamble, but if I got the job, it would change my entire lifestyle. The safe road would be to continue in Medical Coding, but it would mean less money. What should I do??

gnovinger

Asked by gnovinger at 2:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go with the dream job. Even if it doesn't pan out at least there won't be second thoughts of what could have been. Medical coding will always be there for you to go back to should you need it.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Is it your dream job? If it's your dream job go for it don't settle!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Go with what feel right for you...remeber taking the road with more money isn't always the right road.

I went for a job that offered more money, with a bigger company and 3 months in I realised I had made a big mistake!
    NatalievdV

Answer by NatalievdV at 2:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It is my dream job. That's what I'm worried about. Is it too good to be true? Is it just a pipe dream? Or is this the honest to goodness real thing?
    gnovinger

Comment by gnovinger (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Take the road less traveled ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree, go with the dream job...it's so hard to find a job in your degree field that pays well and that you would likely enjoy! And you'll ALWAYS be able to fall back on Medical Coding if it doesn't work out!

Good Luck!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010