How to get husband to talk to me again?

He never ever talks to me anymore! like ever! I always tell him that he doesnt and he keeps telling me nothings wrong, we're fine, and he talks enough. Its either he's at work, he comes home, eats and watches tv at the same time, i have to say somethign ten times to get it to go through. then he finishes watching tv while i clean up after dinner n falls asleep on the couch. thats our day, on weekends he sleeps or runs errands. if i dint have a vagina, i wouldnt see him. we did NOT start out like that, we used to talk to much before marriage and in the beginning. my daughter's 2 so its not like she's in the way. i dont know how to get his attention. i do everything he asks, always new dinners and dress up n all, but still, no talking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Make a rule, no TV at dinner. Then find a mutual interest and talk about it. Read the news and look for things that will peak his interest and get him joining in the conversation.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Maybe you should ask him straight ut what is up and be honest about how you feel. He says your okay but what does he mean if you need more you have to admit it and not wait for him to start speaking. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Let him know it bothers you and that you miss him.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 2:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Act like it doesn't bother you. He knows that you want his attention, that you want him to be involved, so he doesn't have to try as long as you're coming to him. So stop going to him. Do what needs to be done and act like you have everything under control. Eventually he'll feel left out and lonely and come back to you. Give it a try, it might be the key to saving your relationship.

If all else fails .. Tell him that he either needs to change or you're taking the kid and leaving.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree, tell him how u feel. Get him to eat dinner at the table with u.
    andrea720

Answer by andrea720 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Date night maybe? Ask him about things that interest him. My husband doesn't talk much and likes watching tv. I started watching his survival shows and some show about lobster fishing with him. (Dishes are done in the morning!) At first they were boring as hell but then I got to know the shows and he'd talk to me about the shows. Now he waits to watch the shows with me (he dvr's them). It is nice to sit with him and get into it with him. Hope this helps!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yeah tell him how you feel that you miss him
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• tell him the vagina is closed for business until his mouth and ears are open. it's not a hole there for his convenience, neither are you his maid. if the tv is getting more attention than you this is a problem. also let him know just because he SAYS it's fine doesn't mean it's fine for you. let him know what is not fine rather than asking.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• tell him you miss him and that you guys need to talk more. maybe you should put your child to bed early, cuddle up on the couch with him and watch tv together
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2010