IF your teen was dating someone whom you discovered was still breast feeding (as a teen)... adult content

How would you react? Would you feel a need to step in? Would you worry about your teens safety or the safety of that other teen?

Believe it or not this came up in another question... So I wanted to hear from you all!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Really?
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Cite a source that this actually occured and I would probably be more apt to entertain the question.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 2:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah, believe it or not this came up in another question... and one mom even defended this type of thing... Which is just twisted!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• WOW! The likelihood of that happening is ridiculously small. So I have no idea what I would do.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would warn my child that the mother could potentially have some major issues. This is well outside the norm in this country.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't buy into that very easily.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It's a WHAT IF, not a news story or anything... But one of the women on my other question did state that she knows a girl (at 19) who still suckles from her mother for comfort... So just a hypothetical...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• LOL...well my first reaction is to laugh. I mean I nursed my kids til they were almost 3, but a teenager? Yikes. I think I'd worry about the safety of my own child at that point...something is obviously wrong with the mother/child relationship of the other kid. Creepy.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• OH thats just not right at all... There is something very strange with that relationship for that to be occuring.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 2:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• What the crap...you mean the TEEN is still nursing or the TEEN has a child that is nursing....

OH MAN....you mean the TEEN itself is nursing...oh boy.....that is wrong...so wrong....cant be true! REALLY? Are you serious?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010