So what would you think or say about this?

Both me and my husband have an ex and we both have kids with our ex's. He just got a really good job that pays alot and we had an arguement the other day about my ex talking to me about more than just the kids. Well i have told my ex several times not to talk to me about anything but the girls. Well i was getting crap from both my husband and i his dad about my ex.Well my husbands ex always talks to him about stuff that has nothing to do with there kid and she asks him if he's happy and all that.Well he wants to call my ex and yell at him but im not allowed to call his ex and yell at her and my husbands exscuse is that if i yell at his ex she go after him for more money.But he thinks he should be able to yell at my ex cause i can go after him for more money. It pisses me off it makes me feel like he's protecting her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• This is childish, you have to some what get along for the kids sake!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Do you guys have trust issues in general? Or, are you talking about things like your finances, sex, etc? (Things that wouldn't be appropriate)?

I get along fine with my ex, we normally just talk about the kids but sometimes will tell each other something else - it's just not a big deal to my DH, or my exes fiance. Let's just say that my DH doesn't have a relationship with his ex, but if he did, I certainly wouldn't be upset if they made idle chit chat.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• When you have kids with someone you have no choice but to talk to them. I don't see anyrhng wrong with each of you being friendly with your exs. It makes for a happier kids to see parents get along. In my opinion nothing at all good can come of either of you clling the others ex. That just inappropriate.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• This stuff is a two way street and all the adults should dtrive to get along.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 2:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• 1. Sounds like trust issues are going on there.. Work it out together!
    2. Your both stuck with your ex's, they are not going to go away & Its very hard to control what other people do. You must work on your relationship/ and yourself ... You both should try to have civil relationships with your ex's & each others ex's...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i think thats very immature and you should both be allowed to talk to your ex's here and there. tell him he needs to grow up, the guy is your ex for a reason, but you have children together and theres no reason you cant all be friends, atleast for the kids sake.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• He's doing this out of insecurity. He doesn't like that you're talking to your ex .. It doesn't matter what it's about, it's that you're talking to someone you were once romantically involved with. My husband is the same way. I'm best friends with my very first boyfriend, who I dated seven years ago. My husband has an issue with it in every way possible. However, he has his exgirlfriends on his myspace page, but because he doesn't talk to them regularly it's okay. What he refuses to admit is there's no difference. Regardless if they talk all the time or not he's still friends with them. It's not okay for him if it's not okay for me, ya know?

Your husband needs to get a grip. He needs to understand that he can't eat his cake and have it too. That he has to either end the friendship (outside of the children) with his ex if he expects you to do the same. OR he needs to accept that you talk to yours as he talks to his. Period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• things like that happen but i hope everything works out with both of you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• it sounds like a bad situation as if he knows a line is being crossed, even if he is only catering to her feelings and wants to control the situation so you don't do the same. let him know you are not going to be mistrusted and living by a double standard and the discussion is over until it can happen as two adults with respect for each other.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Just how can she get more money from him if you call and yell at her? Will a judge say, sure ok, he will have to give you more money cause his new wife yelled at you?? LOL, does it really work that way? What DO you and your ex talk about that's got you hubby's undies in a wad? Is he there when you talk? Does he not trust you? There's got to be more to it then this. Or it's just really, really childish.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010