Just out of curiosity, if you had any loved ones who passed away, were they dressed in black when they were placed in the casket? adult content

I hope I'm not offending anyone, and if I am, please accept my apologies. I'm just really curious. I picked out a dark green pantsuit and a white blouse for my mom. It was an outfit I'm sure she would have liked.

How was your loved one dressed? Was it in black?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• No,

My parents wore what they would like, that I believe is the only way. It is you saying see you later to the ones you love, they deserve to be them self even at their funeral.

RIP Mom, dad, and your mom.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My Mother in law got a pair of black dress pants and a purple shirt for my Father in law. And a tie in a darker shade of purple. But purple was his favorite color and that's what MIL asked the family to wear to the funeral too.
    I'm sure your mom would have loved whatever you picked out.
    At my great grandmother's funeral, she was in a blue dress with white flowers, one of her favorite.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My grandma was dressed in white.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I picked out my clothes for my brother when he passed away...I actually went to his closet at home and got his favorite tee shirt and favorite jeans. Nothing fancy just something I knew he would pick if he were there. I knew he liked those and I figured you should go with something they would have liked. He also wore his favorite baseball cap. I would just go with something the person would have woren on any regular day....JMO
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My best friend was buried in a white blouse and a kilt. It's something she would have loved - I think that's the important thing, not what color they are wearing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• we put on my Best friend her favorite dress it was white with a little lite blue on it she would have love it and she looked great
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• At my grandmother's funeral, she were a royal blue pants outfit. She used to wear it often.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 2:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• All the loved ones in my family who have passed were placed in outfits they would have liked in life. My grandmother was buried in a pink dress. Her favorite color was pink :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Usually when I go to a wake a lady wears a fancy dark dress or what some do is wear what they wore to their children's weddings. Believe or not I have seen plenty of that going on lately...
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My sister was buried in a white temple gown. It was my mothers choice, Im pretty sure that had she been able to see it she would have killed my mother for making her wear it.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 2:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010