my daughter grandparent show favortism

my daughter is 13 months and my step-son is 5 yrs old. her grandparents will not visit, buy her anything . For x-mas my daughter got nothing from them but bought my step son loads of toys and clothes. for her birthday they didnt buy her anything. Now right now she is not old enough to understand but im really thinking they do not like my child or something. my point is not about material things but at least spend time her. they wont even do that they have not came to visit once. i dont want her to grow up thinking she is not liked by her grandparents. what would you do or what do you think about this situation?
\
thanks ladis

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Im no help, i just wanted you to know your not alone! My mil is the same way with my kids! For bdays she spends/sends 35$ and xmas its 50. but for my neice and nephews its closer to 100 for xmas and 75 for bday. I live 5 min from my mils work and she in on my street EVERY day but yet only sees my kids about once ever 6/8 weeks. Then posts on facebook (where 2 of my kids have pages for games can see this) how she took the neice/nephews for the night or out shopping and such. and she wonders why I have an attitude when shes around. She has never asked or offered to keep my kids over night eaither!
    karaa3

Answer by karaa3 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My step grandparents treated my differently than the other grandkids.

They loved me but made it clear to me that i was not in thier family. I got some gifts here and there, but not like the other kids. I loved them too, and even though they didn't know it, i was in thier family. It makes me a little sad but i am old enough now to just focus on the support they provided me.

My mom is another story. Both my step grandparents are dead now but i know she'll never forgive them for the way they treated me. She brings it up a lot during the winter holiday season because she remembers going to visit and seeing all the kids get gifts except me. After a few years she started bringing a few things for me to open. IDK, you get what you get i guess.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Let it slide honey. They will get their just desserts from God somedayy. TO MANY parents treat kids like this today when their kid marries again and has a child from a previous marriage. Trying to talk to them about it will only upset you more. When your child is older, tell her that her step grandparents are only capeable of loving a blood relation because they have mental problems. Its the truth. Even if it hurts.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010