my daughters grandparents show favortism

my daughter is 13 months and my step-son is 5 yrs old. her grandparents will not visit, buy her anything . For x-mas my daughter got nothing from them but bought my step son loads of toys and clothes. for her birthday they didnt buy her anything. Now right now she is not old enough to understand but im really thinking they do not like my child or something. my point is not about material things but at least spend time her. they wont even do that they have not came to visit once. i dont want her to grow up thinking she is not liked by her grandparents. what would you do or what do you think about this situation?
\
thanks ladis

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would talk to her grandparent & tell them how you feel about how they are treating her & why are they treating this way
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That just plain sucks! I have the same thing. My kids grandma, on their dads side, hasn't seen the kids in 5 years. She lives an hour and a half away, yet will fly 8 hours to go see her other grand kids, who she sees several times a year, and goes on trips with them. Ours are lucky if they get a card at xmas. When we say who its' from, they say "whos' that?" When they dont' know who they are or care to get to know them, then the grandparents might clue in that they screwed up, but by that time, its too late. Their loss.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• have your husband or SO talk to them about this
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My mom shows favoritism over my two sons vs. My niece. And with my daughter. She doesn't like boys or something. She has a son, my brother. I just don't understand how ppl can have a favorite. I love my kids and if one gets something then they all should. My mom doesnt come to see my kids. Unless she benefits, like getting paid to watch my kids. My SO his mom is the same except she complains she doesnt get to spend time with them. I really think its me but nobody sees it that way.
    andrea720

Answer by andrea720 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have the same situation. I married a man who had a child and his mother said to me she had one son a one grandchild. Don't worry I'm sure you give your child all the love she needs. It is their loss if they don't want to spend time with her. My girls are 14 and 15 now and don't miss anything from that side of the family, they have only one grandma and they know they are lucky some kids have none. Good luck I know it hurts!
    Mrs.Z32

Answer by Mrs.Z32 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• tell them that if they can't be equal to both kids than you can't accept gifts/offers to do stuff from them. or have your SO tell them.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 8:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Now that's really cruel. She is missing out on a wonderful relationship with them. My kids were very close with their grandmother. And she would treat them equally and fairly. Maybe sending them some pictures of her will help.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• sounds like my in-laws, well kind of, lol. My DH was raised by his grandparents. fast foward 25 years and now his "mother" wants to be Nana. But she really doesn't. She beggs us to come see her at work with the baby I guess so she looks like a good grandmother by kissing and hugging all over him. YUCK! But when we got back from vacation I tried to be the good DIL and called her so we could go visit and give her her gift..... She was busy! that is what she told me~ So needless to say I won't bust my ass anymore to get off of work early so I can make a "Surprize Visit" at her office. Oh and this is the icing on the f**king cake. She had "other obligations" ont he same day as my son's 2nd birthday party. The whole family was there. but anyways a week later she calls and told me she had booked a Chuck E. Cheese Party. And I could only invite 6 people...... I wanted to tell her about my obligations and where she could stick hers!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 1:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2010