Do your kids shower on there on? How old are they?

Just curious, I still guide my little ones, ages 6 and 7.

Like soap up the rag, wash their hair. What about you?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ds who just turned 5, he will go in the shower by himself, after I turn it on, and I will put shampoo in his hands(so he dosn't use too much) and then he does the rest, and will turn it off and get out and dry off himself.
    DD she likes baths more, and will shower if we dont' have lots of time, I still help with her rinsing out the shampoo/conditioner. My friend says her dd does that on her own, but her hair always looks nasty and she complains about an ichy head, so I said maybe she can't rinse by herself very well? She dosnt care though, will send her dd out with a rats nest for hair, oh well lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I stopped helping at age 5. he is 14 now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• She doesn't shower, but she takes a bath on her own. I only have to run the water because the knobs stick and the faucet is broke and the water only comes out of the shower thing.
    Once I get it turned off, she takes over. Does her hair, body washing (from top to bottom), then plays. She uses both a rag for the face and a loofah for the rest of her body. Even rinses good on her own now. :-)
    It's my quiet time where I can just sit in the corner and read a book. She wants to clean herself but wants me in there until she's 6. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My son is 7 and he does it on his own...has for a while. I just remind him verbally of what he needs to do from time to time :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My daughter just started taking showers very recently and she's 5 1/2. I'm just there to make sure she gets all the soap out of hair and that she doesn't slip. I really need to get a mat for the shower.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 2:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Not even close. They are 3 & 4.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Whether a child showers on their own depends on the child. If they can perform what needs to be done then they're ready to be by themselves.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 5:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010