How much r clear braces?

I was rcently quoted $4300 not including my insurance that covers $500. Is this too much? Should I shop around?

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• My orthodontist told us that there was no difference in price - but I have 2 kids getting braces at the same time. One child is 2800 the other child is 5080.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 3:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was also told the price is like metal braces.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Well here is what my parents were told when I was in them (btw I was in braces for 4 years and it was $4,500)

"Clear" braces are ceramic and should not be used on any of the bottom teeth. They can and most likely will damage the enamel of any tooth they rub against. They also tend to have to be in the braces longer because the ceramic brackets cannot handle as much tightening stress as the metal brackets can.

Price depends not only on the actual "equipment" but as to how long the patient will need to be in them.

Sounds like a typical price and as long as you are happy with the orthodontist I would stick with them.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010