Anyone experienced a Choroid Plexus cyst on an u/s?!?!

I had an ultrasound a long time ago that said my Baby A has a choroid Plexus Cyst on his brain. The tech and the perinatologist told me that unless the baby showed abnormalities on the u/s the cyst is nothing to be worried about and not a sign that baby will have issues. Since then I have read up about it and now I'm concerend. I have read that the CPC cyst can be a marker for Trisomy 18 which is a very serious condition that can end in young death!!!

Also when I research the topic it also says the cyst should disappear if there are not abnormalities in the fetus but my babies cyst has no disappeared as far as I'm aware. I do monthly u/s since I'm having twins so they watch it closely. I had a tech yesterday that had a baby with several cysts and she said the docs told her that one cyst is not a prob but several would be.

Anyone with any experiences with this would be greatly appreciated!! I'm so nervous now!! HELP!!

CameronsMommy23

Asked by CameronsMommy23 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• OMG, please don't read anything else. It will scare you and make you not enjoy this pregnancy. Same thing with me and my first pregnancy almost 9 years ago. The doctors were really pushy with me about tests but I refused. The cysts did go away and my son is fine.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That's great thanks!! My docs seem to not be worried at all but I am!! lol
    CameronsMommy23

Comment by CameronsMommy23 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Don't worry, if you like, you can message me any time. Enjoy your pregnancy.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010