Scare after Scare with this pregnancy!

Last week I thought I was leaking amino fluid cause it was runny and not like a thick discharge. Then this week my heart was beat irregular and then my BP keeps dropping and rising. This is the third pregnancy and it has just been one big roller coster ride. We are now being seen every 2 weeks instead of four.. Has anyone ever had this happen? I check my heart rate and BPM and it seems to be regular but some days its not.. How as your third pregnancy? Did you jsut have drama?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 3:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my 3rd pregnancy was nothing but drama! from infections, preterm labor, and a false positive on that blood test for birth defects. All I can really say is thankfully it was my easiest child birth at the end though.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My pregnancy went well (just one so far), but I did start leaking amniotic fluid at 32 weeks. Like you said, it was more runny than the regular discharge. I got checked at 33 weeks and then they kept me 'til he was born at 36 weeks (perfectly healthy). It is possible for the amniotic sac to get a small leak and to seal itself up again, but mine didn't. I remember my heart rate pounding sometimes with slight exertion. That's pretty normal, but I don't know if that's what you're talking about. The cool thing is, a lot can be happening with your body and baby still be warm and safe inside. The best thing you can do is relax and think happy thoughts. good luck, mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am 33wks and this is my 3rd pregnancy and I see the dr. twice a week and a specialist I hate going to the dr. just because every time I go it seems like they give me more bad news just to stress over I hope everything in the end turns out great for me and for you so Good Luck...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Babycakeschris: I hope all works out and things get better for you.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• This is my 3rd pregnancy and I am having complications too. I am actually seeing a high risk OB. I do want to tell you that it is common in pregnancy to have irregular heartbeats. Best of luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My third pregnancy was my hardest also, but she was born healthy and is still doing fine. I hope all goes well for you too!
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 6:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• This is my 4th (second child tho) and it has been a roller coaster ride.

I got my BFP had my blood test and the nurse told me it just had to be left over from my last m/c which was 8 weeks and one period prior. Obviously I wouldn't have had a period if my levels were still high enough for my body to think pregnant, but she decided to speak BEFORE talking to my OB who KNEW I had a period already. That was Thursday, I bled pink all day Sunday, not enough to get on a pad but there was staining every time I wiped. Then I had a second blood test and they finally confirmed my pregnancy. I then had an u/s at 6w2d to date pregnancy and count baby(ies). Then at 8weeks I wiped and had passed a small very dark clot, no other bleeding. Did an u/s just to be sure baby was fine. Had another u/s at 9w4d after multiple streaks of bright red blood in with discharge. Again baby was fine still no explanation for bleeding.

cont.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• cont.

I had more streaking at 12 weeks, which turned into spotting, which turned into lots of brown discharge, which turned into one time of bright red bleeding in a fair sized amount. Called the on call on the weekend with the initial spotting, told me to stay home unless I had unbearable pain and to call on Monday. Called on Monday after the brown started, had me come in for a hcg check because my doctor was on leave for surgery. (She would have done an u/s immediately). Then that night it got worse. Had an u/s at 12w4d aka that Wednesday baby was absolutely fine.

Then at following appointments my BP was roughly 140/80 because they would never listen and would take it right away. So they scared me about that. (btw last appt I sat long enough and my BP was 112/55 like usual). I am also nearly guaranteed to go preemie again because of my issues and because I went preemie with my first.

cont.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• cont.

I had to use progesterone suppositories to stay pregnant to begin with which are gross, btw. lol I also have to take low dose aspirin daily to keep clots from forming behind my placenta so I constantly worry that I will go into labor before I stop taking the aspirin at 28 weeks and then I will hemorrhage and either need tons of transfusions or worse.

I worry anytime my discharge is thinner thinking it's fluid, if I don't feel baby moving when I usually do I worry, I worry that he will have to stay in the NICU like his brother,  I worry that once again my baby will be nearly 5hrs old (or more) before I ever see him let alone get to hold him. I'm only 24w6d so I have lots of worry filled days left... lol

Doesn't help that my last two pregnancies were lost and I just don't feel like we could be this lucky again.

Sorry this was long but man it feels good to get that out.

kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010