Stop calling them twins.

Do you have kids so close in age that people call them twins? I have a 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old. they are 10 months 2 weeks apart , they are the same age for a month. But everyone thinks there twins .my hubby wonders why cause they don't look alike they have similar features but the oldest is tall and skinny and youngest is short and husky ..

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 3:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no but me and my brother were a year apart, same birthday too! It totally didn't help when he failed a grade in school either. ;o)
    In school one year when we had a class together, I actually said "I was born on his birthday, he failed kindergarten, we are NOT twins!" needless to say, he wasn't real happy with me about it LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• why does it matter. Im assuming these are strangers who you may never see again. So why let it bother you?

heck I had my daughter dressed in a cream and red striped sleeper when she was about 6 mo. old. Some asked how old and what I named my SON. I said 8 mo. and travis and walked away. What do I care if a stranger who I will never see again thought she was a boy... and why waste one min. of my life explaining it??

lighten up... there will be times in your life to worry about your kids... I promise you this is not one of those times.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have the opposite happen with my little ones. I have boy/girl twins, and people often ask me how far apart they are. They look blank for a few seconds when I say 1 minute, and then you see the light come on (usually).
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have twins, but everyone calls my kids triplets...the twins are a year and a half older than my younger one, and everyone insists that they are triplets...meanwhile the older two clearly look older! (they are 4, the younger one will be 3 next month)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• They call them twins because they look the same age and have the same parents. All twins are not identical. Why would this bother you?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• On the flip side - I have identical twin boys who are REALLY tired of people asking them if they're twins. DUH - rather obvious!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My mom and I are asked if we are identical twins...I am always like, uh I am 4 inches taller, our hair and eye color are different she has wrinkle I don't...how are we identical?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It is people that i know but sometimes they forget that there not twins. I think its funny and my hubby will joke and say those people aren't so bright
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• lol i had a pink carseat/pink dress.. and id still get asked if it was a boy or girl.. i got so fed up of it i finally would say it is a boy im teaching him how to cross dress early!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 3:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My kids are 19 months apart and I get asked if they are twins...even before the youngest was walking and talking! Then there is my son and his cousin...My son was 9 weeks early and was born 3 days after his cousin, who was full term, yet my sister and I got asked a lot if they were twins. One was twice the size of the other and had an olive complexion and dark hair while the other was paste white and bald.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010