Erections?

Chase is 14 months old, and every time I change his diaper while he is sleeping, (at night, so he doesn't wake up soaked) he has an erection. I have got to say it's a little funny. But everytime? I mean is this normal, I doubt he's dreaming about babes at this age, LOL. But any advice or input. My first was a girl, so this is new to me!

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is very normal. There is nothing wrong with it and if you are changing him at night then it is something that just happens. You might find that he even gets them during the day. I have 2 boys so I totally understand.

As he starts becoming more aware of it he will even start playing with himself. Even at this young age. It is just a normal thing and there is nothing sexual about it. It is just another sensation that they are learning.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Its definitely very normal. The human male body responds naturally to the friction to the penis (changing the diaper.)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• actually it is a good thing. It means his body works, and his blood is flowing through his body correcty. Babies can get them, men can get them, and so can your son. And they do get really hard, it is a natural male function.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• lol my son gets them... if i change him right after a nap its there.... he doesnt know what it is and it scares him.... but becareful!! i been hit with a shower once or twice... have fun!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• very normal. all 3 of my boys did that. eventually it will go away. But I do say it is very weird to be changing a child with an erection.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• OMG that is funny. I had the same question for my husband when my son started getting them. My first child was a girl too so I wasn't expecting it at all. I use to tell my husband he was dreaming about girls. lol! One thing funny that happened was when my oldest daughter (she's 10) came in the room as I was changing him and she looked at his penis and said "it looks like it got bigger.' Trying to explain that to her was so funny!
    Amandacintron

Answer by Amandacintron at 11:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Tee hee hee. I was kind of shocked when my son first started getting those. But it's totally normal. No worries.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• HUNNY, get used to it. I have 3 boys and if one isn't erect the other is. (including their father). Mine like to play with it while it's erect. I just laugh and look at DH and tell him "That's your department."
    mom3cutieboyz

Answer by mom3cutieboyz at 1:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes this is very common. I had a girl first and didnt know this was normal. I had two boys and learned that later.
    Anonymous

• That happens to my son too, he gets morning wood. Or twig, I should say LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008