Do you ever get that strong gut feeling, but want to think with your heart?

I like this guy, but something isnt right. I broke it off with him, but I still miss him. He keeps giving me ultimatums and its making it harder for me to think clearly. How do I get over him and move on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I think when you have a bad feeling about something you are usually right. I say go with your gut and maybe avoid him for a while. If he cared for you he would give you some space and not be pushing you and handing out ultimatums and putting pressure on you. It's hard to end a romance but better to do it now than to invest more time and find out your gut was right all along. If you try to continue the relationship I think that nagging feeling of something being off will always be hanging over your head.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have followed my heart when my gut was pulling me in the opposite direction. It turned out to be a disaster. Now I ALWAYS follow my intuition. And my intuition has always led me in the right direction. Don't ignore your gut instinct!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• nah... Im a gut girl much more than a think with my heart.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• From experiance. Do not think with your heart. Think with your head. Your heart will get you in trouble.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I always trust my intuition! It's there for a reason! Leave your heart out of it this time. GL!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 3:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Me personally....

I'm a mind over heart gal myself.

I don't think with my heart, I think with my mind.

If I am no longer with someone. There is a reason for it. And if that reason was good enough for me to end a relationship, then it's good enough for me not to be shaken or faulter after the relationship has ended.

For you to get over him. My best advice is time, distance, perception and acceptance.
    Time to start anew, time to begin again. Distance, no point in remaining in contact confusing yourself if it's over.. Perception, take an honest look at the situation, yourself, him and the relationship you might see things in a different light. Acceptance, accept why you ended the relationship to begin with and if it was a good enough reason for you to end it, is it a good enough reason to let go and move on as well. If it is accept that.

Good luck and hang in there. Broken hearts mend. It just takes time.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Once a liar, always a liar.
    SandyShelbyJoy

Answer by SandyShelbyJoy at 3:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My gut and my heart are usually in tune. It's when I overthink things that I tend to screw up the most. I say trust your gut instinct. If you feel something isn't right, it probably isn't.

Sometimes, the only way I can get over something (or someone) is to repeatedly and firmly CHOOSE to. Every time I start thinking about it, I CHOOSE to think about something else. And I agree with the mama who said distance is important. If you truly want to end it, you need to distance yourself from him physically as well as mentally. It's difficult to think clearly and let go if you're still being tempted by his presence.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Go with your instinct. If you felt that things weren't right, then things weren't right.
    Sometimes the head is smarter then the heart.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yeah if you have a bad feeling then it is bad so if it was meant to end then it was but you should just take care of yourself & take it easy & when the time is right for you to be in a relationship then it will happen
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010