What do you remember most from your Freshman year of H.S.?

So my step son is about to begin the end of his public education. In just over two weeks he will officially become a freshman. It's funny how just mentioning the words High School can bring back so many memories. So I wanted to know, what do you ladies remember most about your freshman year of high school?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 3:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I remember feeling like hot shit, when in the first two weeks I was asked out by a senior. I turned him down, because I already had my eyes on some one else. I spent most of that year dating Bob, who was my first serious boyfriend.

I remember spending what seemed like endless hours of class time playing cards, and eating sunflower seeds, with my friends. (No I wasn't skipping classes, this was in the classroom.) Sometimes we played for money, but mostly it was just to pass the time.

I loved being on the Flag Corps. and hanging out with the band. Friday night football games, and competitions were so much fun.

My most memorable moment was when I stole a copy of the Geometry final exam, a few weeks before the end of the year. I photocopied it, and passed it out to every kid in my class, except one. (She would have tattled, and no one liked her much anyways.) The saddest part of it was, I still only got a B on that test.
    my2.5boys

Comment by my2.5boys (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My daughter will also be a freshman this year. I don't remember much from my own high school days.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• All I remember from those days was my boyfriend and this deep love I had for him and I only had eyes for him, sigh......very nice memories.

Answer by older at 3:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Moving to my dad's house that December. I went to two different high schools that year. I remember it feeling really great to start fresh away from my mother's house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• feeling awkward. wanting to fit in, but not truly knowing who i was yet. sophomore year i started to break out of my shell. finding that i was never going to fit in with the norm and that my uniqueness was cause for many conversations that just made me more comfortable about having the courage to be different that others never had.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 3:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was just ready to play basketball...We won state my jr. yr...it was the best feelin ever...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Aawe ill have2 say dance class n softball... all our friends gettin 2gether after school...n I had a nice body lol
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nothing really.. LOL
    My freshman year was 32 years ago....

Sorry I'm not much help in the memory lane department. But I'll share this with him.

High School isn't the end all be all. It's not even really the beginnings of your life journey, much less the end of it.
    Who and what you are anyone else is in High School, is not who and what you will be throughout life.
    To some, High School is the "Best years of their lives".. To most, High School wasn't all that great.. lol Keep it in perspective.
    Those who look down on you today, just may have to be looking up to you tomorrow.
    Have Fun..........Develop yourself as a person.......... Start prepping and working towards your next step in your life's journey.

Good luck!!!!!
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Marching band, school newspaper and being known as "Kims sister, Dan's sister, Beth's sister" I hated that part of it. I was expected to live up or down with their reputation and there was no way I could even come close to living up to Miss perfect straight sister. But I did beat her out my senior year when I got an A in a history class that she got a A- in! I love history.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Meeting my best friend.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010