Sorry if this is a stupid question... adult content

and please none of the some women do some women don't. No offense, but I am trying to hear from women that have been similar to me with the weight gain. I used to have a great metabolism and was very slender. I even lost most of my pregnancy weight, but when I went on the pill a few months after giving birth (I had a cyst), my weight went nuts even though I was watching what I ate. My doctor just took me off the pill since I am not using it as a contraceptive, and it has been a few years since I had the problems. Has anyone lost weight after getting off the pill when it made them gain alot while they took it? I have a week and a half left on the pill officially before it will quit.

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 3:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• I didn't gain any weight on the pill nor did I lose weight. I use to have high metabolism as well and be slim but when I went on the depo after I had my 2nd (I got pregnant with him on the pill so i don't trust it again) I gained 25lbs and no matter what I've been doing for the past 6 months I haven't lost a single pound.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sorry I forgot to say I didnt gain any weight when they took me off.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Why don't you wait tell you get off the Pill. to see if it is that.

Answer by louise2 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• mommy_of_two388: I just looked at your profile and I totally envy you!.. Considering you said you gained some weight, you look like you have a very slender figure still!..
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I gaine an enormous amount of weight while on the depo and never lost it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• after my first dd the pill never made me gain any weight but after my second blew up but once I stopped the pill went back down to what has always been normal for me (my sister hates me for it lol 110) so maybe you'll be like that it took me no time at all I just hope I can do it one more time after this baby lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had to take Progesterone injections for awhile d/t a medical problem. I think I gained 25 lbs with those shots- and NO it does not just go away when you stop the medication. it seems to be centered in the abdominal region too-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• thanks! Your sweet! I used to be 118 and now I'm 141 it's driving me crazy but then I think to myself that I have to beautiful kids because of it and I wont change it for the world.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My daughter did...She gained about twenty five or so pounds and when she stopped the pill she began to slowly come off...she knew that is what caused her to be gaining and that is why she stopped them...just try another prescription kind... I suggested to my daughter to do the implant thingy, i forget the name, but she said she would rather gain weight than to choose that method or the one where u get an injection...but remember, there are always some sort of side effect...and also she was found to have precancerous cells developing also...
    bentheredonthat

Answer by bentheredonthat at 4:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don't buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010