Anyone have a family membership to a YMCA?

We are thinking about it. We have a very small Y a few miles from our home. And a bigger one about 15 miles away. The bigger one has a pool and actual classes. It also has a couple hours of childcare in the mid morning hours. There are also infant swimming classes, which we are highly interested in as well as open pool times every day. We are thinking these would be nice things to incorporate into their daily scheudles, especially when fall and winter arrives. Will keep us out of the house, other than our weekly play group once a week at the library. Is anyone happy with these things offered at their YMCA and glad you got a yearly membership?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have a 'Wise Choice' YMCA membership. That is I can go to any YMCA in the US. For a family plan for any YMCA I pay $61 per month. I also use the smaller YMCA's that are in just about every neighborhood in my city. I have two within 3 miles of my home. I go to the smaller ones to work out, no children, and I go to the larger one when I want to swim. My local YMCA's have both indoor and outdoor pools. They also have a water park for the children. For me, it is worth it. The Wise Choice also lets you rent a room at those Y's that have boarding. You can stay at the Y in Hawaii for $15 a night. Can't beat that deal!

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes, we absolutely LOVE the Y. My son takes swim classes and my DH works out there for 1-2 hours 6 days a week. It's a much more family oriented place than some of the other local gyms.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We really love our Y and have been members for several years. We do tend to use it more in the fall, winter, and spring when we need to get out but the weather isn't cooperating. My oldest child and I take a lot of exercise classes and my youngest likes the childcare area. We do swim there too, but don't take swimming classes there, so I can't really say much about that.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We love our Y too. I just haven't been there in a few weeks. I don't take the classes, but I love being able to drop the kids off for a few hours to work out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We loved our Y ... But sadly we never went.. it was our fault & nothing to do with the place.. Its also a great price!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We loved our Y and then we had to move. There is no Y around here:(
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010