What to talk about on a first date..

...and what not to talk about on a first date...I have forgotten how. Coming out of a divorce and ready to date. I have a date with a great guy and need some pointers on how to make it perfect, besides just being myself!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• what you do for a living, your interest and hobbies. Future plans.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would keep it light. I would avoid Religion and Politics. You should read the local newspaper and find out what is going on in current events. I would talk about personal goals, dreams, your dream vacation or job. I would meet him at the restaurant or club your date is at in your own car, so you can leave when you want. I would not have him to your home until you are sure of this man. He may be Prince Charming, but I am very private when it comes to where I live, etc. I am really NOT the person who should give this advice, since I have not been on a date in decades. Good luck and have fun and stay safe. I hope he is all you wish for.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 4:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• talk about hobbies, likes, dislikes.... mentioning your divorced is fine but avoid talking about your ex.... hmmm.... that's all I can get off the top of my head.... you can ask where he works and stuff like that.... keep it semi light... GL momma!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Not any different than what you would talk about with a new friend.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• TO talk about: Hobbies, interests, goals.

DO NOT talk about: Religion, politics and the ex.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Work and hobbies
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010