Running on "family Values" Ben Quayle uses actors to pose as his kids in Ad...why?

http://gawker.com/5604849/is-dan-quayles-son-pretending-to-have-kids

Why in the heck would anyone do that? think it was a good idea???

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Okay...he just entered a whole level of creepiness.

Not quite that dude that claimed to have killed Jean Bennet Ramsey but still to creepy to come to my house for dinner.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Because being a family oriented politician is what sells. Considering so few voters actually pay attention to the details about their candidate, Quayle is likely banking on the the hopes that people will just vote for him because he has a nice smile, and seems like a nice man!!

Hmmmmm...wonder if he'll be successful?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Creepy...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• OMG, not another one! It's probably because if he does have kids, they're not smart enough to be able to face forward long enough for the commerical to be filmed.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Or maybe he just didn't want his children involved in politics? I still think it's creepy but i would be willing to accept that arguement.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• From what I read in the AZ paper, they are his niece.  And underneath the caption of one of the pictures with him and 2 little kids~“Tiffany and I live in this district and we are going to raise our family here.” One could take the "are going raise.." part as in the future they plan on raising their kids in that district.  I think it was poorly written marketing piece... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• nieces...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• he doesn't have kids of his own

I thought CREEPER too..

Grown man pays to have young girl sit on his lap and another to hold his hand.....

weird

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Does he have a family? Is it because of the privacy issue that he doesn't want his REAL family on camera? WHo knows. There should be more explanations...I don't know what to say about it. Seems a bit "fake" though to rent a family.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

He has No kids...and if he did I would respect him for saying no kids...not renting replacements! lol

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010