Can I still have my period and be pregnant?

my body is acting really strange lately and I was thinking I was pregnant but I just started my period. My periods have been all over the place which is not normal. I know I should get a test but I really dont have the money. Im just curious.

kpvamp06

Asked by kpvamp06 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of a person that got a monthly "period" while pregnant. Go to the Dollar store, I heard their pregnancy tests work just as well as the more expensive ones.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You can bleed throughout,but its not a true period.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• ok because they havent been "monthly" periods, i will spot for a few days here and then a week later start a heavy flow, its all so weird bc i am usually like clock work, 28 days with a 7 day period. now its crazy
    kpvamp06

Comment by kpvamp06 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've never been complelty regular but when I was pregnant with my youngest dd I had what I thought was a normal period around my regular time and it turns out I was a month pregnant at the time. If you have no income planned parenthood will usually do a free pregnancy test.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• generally if there is a heavy flow you wont be pregnant. spotting is definitely possible in a pregnancy, I had a lot of that when I was first pregnant with this one. in my case it was a subchorionic hemmorhage. there was a couple times where there was a lot of blood but it never lasted for any extended period of time. it was generally a gush (tmi I know, im sorry lol) and then it was done. I agree with gettting a dollar store test.as long as you arent trying to test before a missed period they are just as accurate!! GL!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• im not even sure when my period is supposed to be any more, i went the whole month of july with just 1 1/2 day of spotting before that i had 2 days of spotting and a 1 1/2 weeks of bleeding towards the end of the month, i am going to go to a doctor tomorrow and talk to them see if they have any ideas as to why things are going cooky
    kpvamp06

Comment by kpvamp06 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010