If you HAD to do without a utility for 3 days...

Which one could you live without the easiest. I am going with Gas. No over, stove top or hot water. I could deal with that in the heat of the summer.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Water. This actually happened recently when we had to drill deeper for our well. We bought bottled water for drinking & I showered at the gym so it wasn't too terrible to handle.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• gas
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• WE did without water not to long ago and it was horrible!! I could take everything but the non-flushing toilets. Ew. our house smeeled like a second rate gas station.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Elec, it would save me a ton of money on the next bill!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Geeze. We would DIE without Elcet. It's too hot here! lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've lived in places where there were no utilities and you live just fine. We live in a rural community and things go out all the time. You just deal with them.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 4:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We, like many others, have been without any utilities for days following hurricanes. I can do without everything except water. I have a gas stove so I can cook, I have windows to open and get cooler air (and a fireplace if it is cold), but I have a well which means I needed electricity for my water. I have a pool, so we could flush, but drinking water - we gave out and had to boil the pool water. It worked ok.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Hmmm... depend on what time of year.... My electricity went out one day in February when it was 18 degrees outside. Furnace is gas but the starter and fan are electric... NO HEAT... Could use the top of the stove because it was gas and I can light it. Had crap loads of candles... But it got cold and quickly.  If we are talking Summer... well you can have my gas.... I have a grill and the sun...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We went 2 weeks without electric in the middle of a snow storm so I would say electric while it was hard & we had to take showers at our dd's in town we had water & we could eat just not wash clothes went to the laundrymat it all worked out would I do it again only if I had to.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I dont have gas. Its between electric or water. I could go without the electric. Have done it living in Florida after Hurricane Charlie for 10 days and it was in the 100's. If you consider cable a utulity, then i could do without cable TV for a year.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010